. A personal, phone, or online conversation about your needs. (size, material, subject etc.)
. Research (can includes photos, videos, and online or other research)
. A black and white, or color sketch of the proposed project (retained by Artist)
3. FOLLOW-UP CONSULTATION (2-4 weeks)
. Final Sketch Presented
. Final payment estimate
. 50% downpayment required to begin the Artwork
4. Final payment due upon delivery
5. A Certification of Authenticity is provided upon delivery.
During the process of creating the Artwork, I will update you as the work progresses. During this process, you will get a private peek at the creation of this special piece of artwork. From the underpainting to the final detailed touches, jump on the ride and be ready to take an awesome, creative journey with me!
All of my Artwork is guaranteed. I use the best of materials available, and want you to love your finished piece. If you are not completely satisfied for any reason, I will refund your investment (except for the consultation fee). Having a piece of original Art created just for you is a wonderful experience. It is rare to collaborate on a piece of Artwork, and I know that you will love the process and results. The final art will be in your life and the lives of those you love for more than a lifetime.
All finished pieces are copyrighted by B.J.Lane, The purchaser owns only the Physical Art. No one is allowed to copy or reproduce the artwork in any fashion unless arranged by the Artist, BjLane or her Associates. Additional cards, prints, or gifts with the final image are available upon request.
I offer you private lessons for your Personal Art Journey. These lessons are structured as 3 or more, one-to-one 2-hour minimum classes, designed for your own individual needs. Are you struggling with Drawing? Perspective? Color Theory? I can help you get on your way to making better artwork. Did you enjoy art when you were young, and haven't created your Artwork since high school or college? Are you a beginner and never learned the basics of drawing or painting? How richly rewarding it is to learn a new skill that can connect you with your world, and lift your heart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. "Why don't you teach classes with more students?"A classroom setting is ideal for most people. You can experience camaraderie and socialization with others in a learning environment. But for some people, it is very intimidating to step into a classroom as a beginner. For others who are well experienced in creating art, you may need just a little boost to help you get better, and may want to experiment in a private setting with a trusted advisor. I listen to your needs. With a variety of experience in many medium, I can help guide you to learn and help to make you more confident in your skills. I am here for you.
2. "Do I have to buy supplies?"The student is responsible for buying their own supplies, as they are guiding the lessons with their own desires to learn in the medium of their choice.
3. "What medium can I work with?"For over a half century I have learned many different medium. Here are just a few: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Pastel, Charcoal, Pen & Ink, Colored Pencil, Digital, and Clay, plus many other Medium. Just reach out and ask me what you are wanting to learn. If I don't understand the medium, I will refer you to a specialist.
3. "Where will the lessons be held?"Private lessons can be arranged at your home, or a place of your choosing. Consider your medium, and the tools you will be using, and let's figure it out. I'm flexible!
4. "How much does it cost?"My classes are $300 an hour, with a minimum of 2-hour lessons. I also require that you sign up for at least 3 lessons in advance. I believe that in 3 lessons you will have acquired enough skills to guide you to your next steps ... to step into your own personal Artful Experience. Remember, you have my full attention. You will learn directly one-on-one. All your questions will be addressed, and I can help you move forward in your search for Artful Purpose, and Artful Joy. I am here for you! Let me help!
5. "Do you offer scholarships?I have established an "Artist Gift Program", which is funded in part by Patrons of my Artwork. If you know someone who you would like to sponsor, or you feel needs a scholarship, please contact me directly.