Creating the Olive Tree-5 simple rules
Title: plein air sketch "The Olive Tree"
Size: 30x40 Medium: Oil
Creating a painting en Plein Air, is a challenge to the mind and body. The challenge to the body is weather, shade, proper clothing, sunscreen protection, and on occasion bug spray.
The challenge to the mind is to uncover the complication of the world around you, and applying what you interpret on a canvas.
5 basic painting rules for painting on location:
1. First, one must decide what to paint. What point of view is the artist attracted to?
2. Secondly, the artist needs to design the composition.
Where will everything fit on the canvas? What is the main focus?
3. Next, it's time to simplify shapes and colors.
4. Forget the detail for now ... in time, it will reveal itself.
5. Remember to nourish the body with fluids and sustenance.
Breathe in the life around you. Enjoy the day. Life has given us many blessings.
Need something created especially for you?
NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT:
All Artwork is Copyrighted,
and may not be reproduced in any form
without prior authorization from Bj Lane
Are you ready to learn more about what Art can do for you?
For more information about commissions, pricing, or workshops and classes: